Welcome to RMPP Action Network
Do you have an idea, opportunity or challenge for your farming business, but don’t know where to start? Are you a rural professional looking to support a farming business to fulfil its potential?
RMPP Action Network can help you develop the confidence to turn great ideas into action to improve a farm’s productivity and profitability.
How does Action Network work?
What does effective small group learning look like?
Action Network programme evaluation
Taihape Action Group (at two years)
National Action Group
Taihape Action Group (at four months)
Action Network snapshot
What is an Action Group?
An Action Group is centred around a small group of 7-9 farming businesses.
As a member of group, a farmer can:
- Work together with other like-minded farmers and rural professionals to identify ways to improve the performance of their farm business
- Benefit from a network of experts who can share new knowledge and support their farm business to make changes
- Receive support from trained facilitators to help get the most out of the group
- Access great tools and resources
- Obtain up to $4,000 per farm business as a kick-start allocation towards the group fund. From 10 August 2020, the kick-start allocation is up to $2,000 per farm business.
For those looking to play an active role in facilitating a group through RMPP Action Network, some training is required. Click here to find out more.
“In the past when extension type programmes have been offered there have been ideas and theories to improve on-farm performance but there was not the necessary follow up to help farmers put the practice into action. I believe the RMPP pilot is focusing more on much needed implementation support”
John Macphee, farmer involved in RMPP Extension Design Project, Hawkes Bay