For farmers - why connect?
Farmers are at the core of RMPP Action Network. As farmers, you determine the structure and rules of your Action Group and decide how the group spends its funds. You identify farm business opportunities that are of benefit to your group and include these in the group's Extension Plan.
Farm businesses committed to RMPP Action Network can expect:
- a professionally-facilitated, results-focused small group supporting your business through change
- less risk to your business with up to $4,000 kick-start funding and external support. From 10 August 2020 the kick-start funding amount is up to $2,000 per farm business.
- help finding solutions to support your business in a changing world
- connection to trusted, independent expertise
- to tap into the knowledge and experience of other farmers.
Click here to read about the experience of other farmers involved in
Action Groups and our earlier research.
How does it work? An example
Farmers, Sarah and Tim, were invited to join RMPP Action Network alongside seven other farm businesses who were interested in finding out more about sheep feeding and grazing management.
They were allocated $4,000 per farm business so had $32,000 to run their group. With the help of a trained facilitator who was paid out of the group fund they pulled together a plan of activities they wanted to run during the year and what expertise they wanted to bring in.
This plan was approved by RMPP.
Over the year the group brought in several specialists to talk with them and offer advice. These were paid for out of the group’s fund. The individual farm businesses had their own goals and the facilitator, experts and other farmers in the group were able to support them all in achieving these.
They reviewed their plan with the facilitator and are looking forward to launching into their second year, this time looking at environmental considerations as their regional plan has changed recently.