What are the benefits to a farm businesses by connecting in with RMPP Action Network?
As a farm business committed to RMPP Action Network you can expect:
- Professionally facilitated, results-focused small groups supporting your business through change
- Less risk to your business through kick start funding and external support
- Help finding solutions to support your business in a changing world
- Connection to trusted, independent expertise
- To tap into the knowledge and experience of other farmers
How does it work – an example
Farmers, Sarah and Tim, were invited to join RMPP Action Network alongside seven other farm businesses who were interested in finding out more about sheep feeding and grazing management.
They were allocated $4000 per farm business so had $32,000 to run their group. With the help of a trained facilitator who was paid out of the group fund they pulled together a plan of activities they wanted to run during the year and what expertise they wanted to bring in.
This plan was approved by RMPP.
Over the year the group brought in several specialists to talk with them and offer advice. These were paid for out of the group’s fund. All the farm businesses had their own individual farm goals and the facilitator, experts and other farmers in the group were able to support them all in achieving these.
In year two each farm business added $800 of their own money to their group fund because they could see the value in the support they were getting.
They reviewed their plan with the facilitator and are looking forward to launching into their second year, this time looking at environmental considerations as their regional plan has changed recently.